To brainwash the masses you have to give them the taught that,”it’s fashion,it’s a joke,it’s just actors, artists, athletes,it’s not doing any harm to our community”No.. these celebrities are destroying the masses, we must stop laughing at everything…
These’s to destroy the Black woman’s image and the effeminization of Black boys.
This post simplifies a really complex problem, and it’s pushing some pretty sexist ideas and definitely reinforcing abrasive patriarchal nonsense.
I know this is problematic as fuck, but can’t quite articulate why. Can anyone help me out here?
The first thing I find wrong with this is the anti-black misogyny presented here. The image and commentary attempt to come across as building black women up when it’s really tearing black women down.
Second, I have a HUGE problem with the idea of emasculation or “effeminization” of black boys. It’s just some gender essentialist nonsense, for one. I think it was bell hooks who asked emasculated compared to whom? You’re using white supremacist heteropatriarchal standards here to evaluate the masculinity and even the worth of black men. It’s also another way to show contempt for femininity - it’s misogynistic. Even if black boys or men were becoming more feminine, what’s wrong with that? It’s yet another way to tear women down.
Third, let’s look at the women.
The woman in 1970
- religious (why does she have to be religious?)
- loves herself (okay…)
- knows her history (okay…)
- knows that she has more power being submissive to her man
- knows how to cook and clean
- GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THAT MISOGYNISTIC BULLSHIT. GO ON.
- and yet the 1970’s woman has a mind of her own? sounds like she does what you want her to do
The woman in 2009
- self-conscious (hmm, I wonder why - things like this don’t contribute to that)
- doesn’t know how to cook (do you?)
- doesn’t know how to clean (do you?)
- shallow (like you probably are? but god forbid a woman care about looks)
- thinks she’s right all the time (what the fuck are you? 5?)
- driven solely on money and success (WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH SUCCESS?)
- has no shame (why the fuck should she?)
- strong and independent (THIS IS BAD A THING?)
You’re shaming women for success and independence. Your misogyny is showing. You’re a sexist piece of shit.
Also note the dichotomy between black women with a nice afro and a black woman with unkempt blonde hair.
And the idea that the “conscious sista” archetype is supposed to be the one who kisses your ass and does everything for you, and you try to contrast it with some “unskilled ho”.
all of the above.